C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 09:44:27 EDT
Morning folks,

In my last post, I made a lot of comments about the medical profession and I
wish to reiterate that I only meant specific people connected with my Mom's
care.  I am truly distraught over the events of the past few months and
particularly this past week, but I am still aware that some of you are in the
medical field.  If my comments hurt anyone's feelings, please do forgive me
and chalk this up to my temporary insanity.

In the middle of the night, my venting options are extremely limited.
Generally speaking I have more "real" communication on C-PALSY than with my
own relatives.

I have also heard wonderful things about hospice.  Based on the many good
comments I have heard, I am convinced that the occurrences of the past
weekend in my contact with hospice have been isolated incidences.  There was
only one person involved and I'm sure the hospice is composed of people who
are all they are rumored to be: Caring and compassionate.

If Beth the OT was part of hospice once, then I know I am right about this.

Take care this happy Sunday, and I do thank you for all your kind support
over the time that I have been venting here,
Betty