Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:16:55 -0700
7BIT
From:
  In general, machines on the same LAN should be able to contact each
other directly, but this depends on them being correctly configured
to *recognize* that they are on the same LAN.
  If they don't recognize it, there are three options:

1.  Switch to a broadcast-based protocol like NetBEUI, which assumes
everyone is on the same LAN.

2.  Install a gateway which *does* properly know about the LAN.  It
shouldn't be needed to help out this case, but it won't mind, either.
  [This might be your case; the road runner gateway may indeed refuse
to provide this service.]

3.  Fix the network config (address or subnet mask, usually).  [This
is the option I generally recommend.]

David Gillett
A+, MCSE, CCNA, unemployed