From:
Aisha Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:32:53 -0400

Thanks to everyone who responded to my brother's situation involving a
painful bowel mass.  He will be seeing a doctor in a couple of days and has
been put on two antibiotics in the meantime.  Many people reported having
had similar experiences with both bowel obstruction and chronic diarrhea
and/or constipation prior to diagnosis of celiac.  Several people even
reported having kinks or swelling in the intestines.  Another reported
surgery for a fecal mass, most likely the result of intestinal immotility
or inactivity.  Given this information and our family history of celiac, my
brother is now pretty serious about finding out if he, too, is celiac.  I
think this experience has kind of opened his eyes to the reality of it!
Hopefully his condition will not be anything serious and if he is celiac, a
GF diet will be the ticket to good health.

Thanks again-the people on this celiac list are so sympathetic and kind-
hearted!

Aisha Fish