From:
Walt & Carolyn Reardon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 23:38:02 -0500

I just wanted to let you all know that I got back from Atlanta today after
my appointment with Dr Rudert.  There are no words to completely describe
how wonderful she was.  I had to drive all day to get there and stay
overnight and see her.  If you live anywhere in the Southeast I highly
recommend that you make the trip to Atlanta.  It will be well worth it.  I
have some blood problems along with my CD.  She got on the phone with Dr
Murry(spell) from the Mayo Clinic while I was there.  She also made a long
distance call to my hematologist here in Biloxi saying exactly what kind of
testing she wanted done before I return in August.  Yes, I'm making that
trip again with my bottles of drugs for my panic attacks.

On a side note, she was impressed with my doc that did the biopsy.  She said
most people see 8-10 doctors for their problems before anything happens.  Of
course my internal medicine doctor had thought I might have irritable bowel
syndrome or ulcers and that is how I ended up at the gastro doc in the first
place.  When I went to another gastro doc for a second opinion (I couldn't
believe I would have this disease that was going to change my life so
drasticly) he is the one who took the blood tests.  My first one was only
IgG positive, my second one was only IgG positive but the number had dropped
some now that I have been on  GF diet for 4 months.  Since I have some other
blood problems Dr Rudert said that may be why the IgA was negative in my
case.  One of the tests she is having done is an IgA deficiency test.  If I
am deficient, that would cause my blood tests to look like they do.

Just wanted to let you know what a wonderful experience I had with Dr
Rudert.  If you don't have someone who is listening to you and you can make
the trip to Atlanta, it will be well worth your while.  Even though my
gastro docs are good to me here, she had the knowledge that was needed to
assess my blood problems along with my CD.

Carolyn in Biloxi