From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:22:10 EST

Hi All:

I just wanted to let you know of a great comparable drink to Gatorade without
the high fructose. It is more expensive, but it does not give you that I feel
like I had sugar in my system or sugar head like I get. It is R.W. Knudson's
Recharger. It comes in organic and regular blue label and organic white and
blue label. It is undoubtly a bit more expensive than Gatorade. However, it
restores does the job just as well if not better than Gatorade to restore
electolytes. It has sea salt which is a natural electolyte balancer. I have
not had one reaction. It actually makes you feel pretty good. I love it and
drink a small glass daily just to keep my lytes in balance.

Hope all of you are doing well and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
One thing about being Celiac and Holidays, here, is that our parents are
always excited to try the Celiac dishes. No one complains. My mother in law
is diabetic and is so careful to plan Christmas around many things I can eat.
She is sensitive because there are things she cannot eat either. So, holidays
are not stressful from that standpoint. Hope all of you can use this holiday
season to share the good stuff we share on the board with non celiac family,
relatives and friends realizing that our food is not designed as if we are
prisoners in a concentration camp, but that our meals are actually on the
cutting edge of unique gourmet style delicacies. Present the food to your non
celiacs in this manner to dispell the myth that the Celiac's diet is gross or
unedible. Who knows, the same critic may also be the same participant in the
diet sooner than he/ she may realize at the rate of population being
susceptable or diagnosed.

Take care.

Lisa