Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:02:48 -0700

        Recently, Mindy one of our Celiac Support of Phoenix members and
her mom (with Southern AZ Celiac Support Group) did the footwork necessary
to have our governor proclaim this October "Celiac Disease Awareness" month
in Arizona.  Our support group plans to follow up with a media awareness
campaign and various other activites.

        We're all looking forward to getting the word out about Celiac
Disease. Wouldn't  it be great if other states hopped on the  bandwagon!

        Grant it, Celiac awarenes should be going on ALL the time, but this
kind of "Awareness Month" thing certainly can't hurt in our challenge to
make the public aware.

       Nina  :)
"Gluten Free in AZ"
      Phoenix, AZ