From:
jim johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:54:25 -0500

Jim McDaniel, Administrative Chief, On-Board Service, North Carolina
Service, National Railroad Passenger Corporation, 400 Southwest Street,
Raliegh, NC 27601, tel 919-838-3366, fax 919-838-3344, [log in to unmask]

attended our Triad Celiac Support Group meeting today. Mr. McDaniel did
not know anything abou celiac disease. He is in charge of food services
on the Carolinian from Charlotte to New York. He plans to talk with
those in charge of the entire network. Having a gluten-free entry at
each meal is probably going to receive careful attention.  We had quite
a holiday spread at our meeting and our luncheon was gluten-free.

Darlene Owens-Clinkscales, the Commercial Foods Instructor at the Career
Center, and Keith Gardiner, CEC,CFE, Program Chairman, Culinary
Technology at GTCC judged our baked goods.  If you would like some good
dessert recipes or salad recipes let us hear from you. Both Clinkscales
and Gardiner have offered to do workshops for us or have their students
prepare a gluten-free meal for one of our meetings.