From:
Bill Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:02:03 -0500
My hard drive gave out and I bought another at a used computer store and I installed it. It had windows NT on it and I wanted windows 95. I put the new hard drive in and set the BIOS to recognize it and then used a windows 95 startup disk to use Format C:/s on it. My new drive C: now had COMMAND on it and nothing else. I copied MSCDEX to drive C: and installed the CDROM drivers. The reason I put MSCDEX on I did not have the CDROM drivers, so I went on the internet and downloaded it and their installation said I had to, anyway the CDROM worked. When I booted it to C: drive I typed in D: Setup and installed windows 95 with no problems loading or lockups, nothing, went great. Windows works great but now I can only read the CDROM. When I try to setup something from the CDROM it says it can't find the SETUP.EXE. In device manager the hard drive controllers say Standard Bus Mastering IDE Hard Disk Controller with a yellow asterisk. I know this means it has a problem but their is no IRQ conflicts. I also expected to see a Primary and Secondary (duelFIFO) with a Master Controller but I don't. I checked my text book, internet, school but nobody seems to know what my problem is. I tried erasing the hard drive several times and reinstalling again with same results, any suggestions? Anybody?
Bill Lang

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html