From:
"Nasser, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:53:58 -0500
I'd like to thank
Lynden Garrett, Colin, Steve Face, Len Sigurdson,
K. Karl Kuller, Jose E. Dominguez, david jarrett,
Susan Sutherland, Carlos Diaz, Larry Peterson, and
Erik Hundrieser for suggestions/info/diagrams/etc.
I know of no info source other than PCBUILD where this
type of helpful response is possible.

I don't really know what I'm doing, here. Never
stopped me before ...  :-)

The fixing (fuser) roller has little wrinkles on
its surface. I couldn't figger out how to remove
the fuser assembly, but I think I managed the
continuity test OK (less than 1 ohm resistance).

The little breaker button does not require
resetting.

The printer hasn't been powered for days. I turn
it on, the fan runs fine (AC power is OK?). It
takes over a minute for the self-test, then
flashes the "50 Service" message. I open it up
fast and find the fuser roller to be stone cold.

Continuity test is OK but the roller won't heat.
Does this sound like a bad "DC Controller"?

Anybody remember how to get the fuser assembly
out??

  Much thanks to all,
  David

** David Nasser                     **     [log in to unmask]    **

"Mother died and left me reckless,

 daddy died and left me wild, wild, wild.

 No, I'm not good looking,

 but I'm some sweet woman's angel chile'."

     -from "Statesboro Blues", Blind Willy McTell, maybe 1928.