From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 23:32:47 +0200
At 06:50 2000-05-12 -0400, mas wrote:

>How do scientists dig up bones and
>then are able to say that this person ate these foods, was this healthy, and
>lived this long?  ...  How do they know that?

Do you expect a short and concise answer to that ? :-)
Go to the Paleodiet Symposium archives and read, read, read.
Also read other books on paleodiet, archeology, zoology, biology,
anthropology. And hang on to the idea that what is best for man is
what is the natural, and to the idea that metabolism is so complex
that we will probably never know exactly what is best to eat, based
only on biochemical knowledge, so we have to find out _what_ is natural.

- Hans