From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 14:50:20 -0700
On Thu, 11 May 2000 14:24:42 MDT, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>I don't understand what beeing vegetarian (avoiding meat in nutrition)
>>should have to do with any sexual practices or drincing alcohol.
>
>None of the above have anything to do with eachother.  My only point was the
>you can make the Bible say anything you want.  That's why people have to be
>careful when they use it to make a point.  It's also why I'm not a
>literalist.

You cannot make the Bible say anything you want - you can make any SENTENCE
every written say anything you want.

Communication is based on both the writer and the reader having the same idea of
what words, phrases, sentences mean.

There are plenty of idiots out there that say "The Bible means blah, blah, blah"
and all that does is say something about them.   In 99.9% of cases, the Bible is
quite clear and doesn't need hours of "interpretation".

I always liked Stephen Gaskin's comment:

 "The Eleventh Commandment is 'You do too know what I mean'. ".

--
Cheers,

Ken