C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 00:49:00 +0100
                  - Joy - <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Sixteen people were divided into two teams, and stranded on a
> deserted island.  We watch them find food, build shelter, and
> relate to each other. The teams compete in periodic challenges
> like a jungle obstacle course, or a raft race.  The team that
> wins gets an immunity idol, and sometimes a reward like
> matches.  The other team must vote a member off the island.
> The last remaining castaway wins a million dollars.  I'm
> addicted to it, but I can't explain why.
>
> ~Joy~

Ah, sounds similar to a show on Dutch TV (I think) about 18
months ago, which caused an absolute storm in that country. A
group of people were locked in a house for several months with a
razor wire fence around the outside. Every part of the house had
been wired for sound & vision (and I mean EVERY part!!). The
"show" just showed the interaction between the group, but each
week the viewers got a vote on who to turf out each week. The one
who lasted longest got a cash prize.

A UK version (called "Big Brother") started yesterday, but I
didn't see it.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Cheers

--