From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:27:47 -0500
Direct cable connection is definitely the way to move data between
PC's.  Direct Cable Connection parallel port cables are carried at almost
all major PC Retailers in the US (CompuUSA, Best Buy, Radio Shack,
etc.).  I ordered mine from MEI-MicroCenter for $5US at:

http://www.mei-microcenter.com/accessories/cables.phtml?sku=027508

Doug

At 11/26/00 03:33 PM, Ira Wallin wrote:

>I currently own an older DELL H233 Desktop, and I am purchasing a new one.  I
>have read a good way to get data from one PC to the other is Direct Cable
>Connection.  Can anyone tell me what kind of cable I should buy?  I have read
>about parallel cables for this purpose, where ECP must be turned one...how do
>I turn it on, or how do I know if it is on?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html