From:
Eric Ennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:36:46 -0700
Ian,
    I recently bought this card as an upgrade from a SBLive! Value card.  I
also had several problems when I first installed the new Platinum 5.1.  The
problem was, in my rush to install and play with the new card, I did not
uninstall all of the old drivers and programs for the old card.  I had to go
through the Add/Remove Programs dialog and uninstall everything that had to
do with the old sound card.  Then I went through the Device Manager and
removed everything regarding the old card.  Then I rebooted and installed
the software that came with the new card.  When Windows prompted me to look
for a driver I cancelled that dialog and let Windows finish booting, then
used the driver CD to install.
    Even after all of that I had one error with the Playcenter, right after
I imported my MP3 collection into the Playcenter library.  I figured that
was just due to the shear number of files it had to look at, around 2600
files at aprox. 9GB.  After this I rebooted and have not had any other
problems with the software.

    I hope this helps you out.

Eric Ennis