Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 22:20:40 +1100
Sylvie De Roy wrote:

> 3.  The CD-ROM was part of the original system when I bought it in October
> 1995.  Since then I changed the motherboard, display card, RAM etc. Only the
> floppy and CD-ROM are devices that came with the original system.  Both are
> still working fine.  Please note that I have no difficulty whatsoever
> installing NT4, Corel Linux, Windows 95 (fat16 and fat32), software
> applications such as Office Suites, Anti-virus utilities, any third-party
> applications that come on CD, accessing clip-art CDs.

I had once worked on a notebook, it has a Teac 20x CD, what I was tring to do
was to install win98 on it, but the CD drive was never worked (I mean boot from
CD) untill I downloaded a driver from Teac website, and edited on boot disk with
Teac instruction. However, the notebook has no problem whit NT4 CD, NT4 can be
booted directly from CD-ROM, strange! Your case looks same as mine. I would ask
Panosonic for help if possible.

If you can get a 2nd cd drive, use it for installation, after win98 loaded, you
should see both drive in "my computer". Then you can delete the 2nd drive from
device manager, shut down computer, took off the 2nd drive, reboot. Now you have
got it all done.

Jun Qian

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html