From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 21:08:04 -0400
At 08:01 PM 9/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>1.) The facism of beauty.  The cliche of the mousy little girl who becomes
>>a bioling sexpot
>        My sexpot status has much more due to attitude than my contact.
(I only
>wear caus i only use one eye.)

Sexiness has a LOT more to do with attitude than with personal appearance.

>>2.) Massochism is painful.
>
>        I don't even know I have it in.  I wear a light gas permeable.  I
will
>tell you what is uncomfortable.  Sweating under my glasses in the summer,
>steaming up in the winter, and pain behind my ears because all the
>earpieces are too long for my head.
>        And my eyes are naturally blue.

Hear, hear!
I used to have a job that involved considerable amount of time out in the
hot Virginia summers -- 95+ heat, humidity...  I used to get blisters on my
nose from the nosepieces of my glasses.  That's what first prompted me to
get contacts.

But this is getting WAY off-topic.  I'd like to know what the incidence of
myopia is among hunter-gatherer tribes in, say, the Amazon, and whether
this has more to do with modern innovations like reading or has more to do
with food.  As mentioned, missionary groups collect glasses for the tribes
they go to proselytize.

Anyone know?

Corbie
http://www.radix.net/~lindo
I am *NOT* a rabid feminist!  I had my shots last year.