NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:34:49 EDT

>> I am allergic to Whey Proteins but not
> Casein. I suspect that is not the usual state of affairs for dairy allergic
> people.

Casein IS a milk protein.  Whey is a milk protein.<

Don, I'm sure, understands that casein allergies and whey allergies can be
separate. It is possible to be allergic to just the casein or just the whey.
Perhaps Don is allergic only to whey. Since he hasn't had himself tested,
there's no way to know for sure. But he's right in that most people with
dairy allergies appear to be allergic to the casein, and casein problems with
foods certainly seem to be far more commonly reported.

Steve Carper
Steve Carper's Lactose Intolerance Clearinghouse
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper