C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sara lynn weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:51:21 -0500
Dear Bob, That persone is wrong. CP does not kill you. it is MD that will
kill you. Not CP, it is a mobility disorder from birth. that is caused by
brain damage for one reason or another. and it will not kill you.  I do not
know where that PT therapist got his/her information. but I know a lady in
sout carolina that was in her 80s with CP. so do not worry about dieing from
CP. you have just as much of a life spand as if you never Had CP. I am 46.
but I know CP is not going to kill me when I am in my 60s or 70s or 80s. Old
might kill me. but not CP. I have done a lot of research on CP. and it is
just a mobility disorder cause mainley from birth. and it can be very very
mild to very very servier. depending on the damage of the in the brain.
which controles moter funcations. and even talking is a form of moter
funcation. because of the musles around the mouth. that is why some people
can not talk that have CP. so please get the idea out of your head. that you
are going to die at or sortley past 65.   I am sorry this person told you
this. that was so wrong of them to say anything like that to you.   Lynn