C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. Margolis
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:11:22 -0400
Gordon,

As a bachelor of long standing (something we b's need to get the hang of)
let me suggest you go out to as many places as possible that you find
interesting, comfortable (but occasionally try "new" places and experiences
too), and likely to attract people with whom you'd feel good to associate.
Go to get experience and enjoy the event, lower your expectations, and don't
pressure yourself  about finding a woman or the one of your life.  She'll
show up, more likely when you stop looking for her.  Just  be the bright,
charming, decent Gordo we know.

While in my active days I often did events with friends so that became a
lubricant to ease more intimate engagements.  I also often "hunted" without
a companion.  As all hunting: game, terrain, randomness, and risk must be
considered.

Keep moving, keep patient, keep alert.

S.