BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keep your hands off me, you filthy human!
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:15:41 EDT
Donna,

Glad the window muntin/came layout was useful.

As to the pseudo imitation ice-a boxa, I'd want to "talk" one way or another
to owners before I sprung for a $3000 refrigerator that somebody makes in his
garage, even if it's a cabinetmaker who makes them in his garage.  You need
to know more than that it looks nice on the internet. Who manufactures the
mechanical components, who guarantees the whole thing, who fixes the damn
thing when something goes wrong, within or beyond the warranty period?

Friends of mine bought an artsy-fartsy pseudo antique electric wall oven that
was supposed to look antique but actually looked stupid and expensive; I
don'; remember how it worked, but the damn thing came with a broken hinge and
took forever to get the part replaced.  Once it did work, you couldn't cook
anything bigger than a chicken in it because the interior was so damn small.
 Mrs. Ralph and I bought a GE Monogram that Consumer Reports said will take a
pizza box (and does)--much more useful than the artsy fartsy version.

Happy shopping.  And if you still work for Lucent, shouldn't you be saving
every dime you can put your hands on?

Ralph