BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:42:58 EDT
In a message dated 6/23/2000 10:24:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Mary based upon your investigation would your type of hand-held scanner be
>  what i want to copy all the WW-2 headlines in old papers in my uncles
closet?

I am still fiddling around with my new toy. It is great for some maps, NG for
photos (at least I haven't gotten any good images yet). It also is great for
text (so far) although I am not sure how it would do on darkened (yellowed)
paper, where the contrast is lower. I have yet to try it out on darkened
maps.  It would probably be OK for headlines, though, and maybe even for
selected stories. I have a feeling it would take a bit of time, however,
because when the scanner gets full, you have to send it into a laptop (which
you can also do directly, as I understand it) which has bigger storage.

Mmmmm... (mull mull mulling)

Mary