AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:24:33 -0600
Katherine - I have had success with a patron who has cerebral palsy using a
Penny & Giles Joystick Plus.  I tried a trackball and it was too difficult
for the patron to maneuver.  I have a touch screen but have not found it to
be responsive.  I think it might be a source of frustration for the person.
Voice recognition may be the answer but even then you will need an
alternative to the mouse for some input tasks.  Hope this helps.

Ann Pearce
Assistive Technology Instructor
Community Assistive Technology Center
Manhattan Public Library