AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Alex L. Redd" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 13:11:10 -0500
Happy New Year Everyone,
   Please permit me to give my opinion on the Conduit stuff. First of all, why Conduit and others are crying wolf, wolf around here? For nothing noise! The Conduit complaint leveled against Mr. Peter Munoz and Afonso is a hoax, intended to deflect our attention from important matters that tend to plague our respective community. Please allow me to reasonably defend
my claim here.
   On December 29, 2001 Conduit alleged via email that these distinguished gentlemen listed above had intentionally removed his subscription from all the list services of mayor Susan Bauman, terming October 8, 2001 as a day that would live in infamy for such careless action. Mr. Munoz and Mr. Brewoo later clarified that Conduit was never removed as a subscriber and
that the three list services are not owned by the mayor as Conduit claimed. No word(s) from the complainant since then. I'm left with the impression that Conduit's claim is absolutely false. I also find it disturbing and obnoxious that some folks intially cluttered this listserv using alarming term like oppression, and indirectly pointing their proverbial middle
finger at those accused by Conduit. The Conduit December 29, 2001 complaint did not give no reason(s) for such alleged occurence, instead Conduit directed our attention to check out a web site he created for whatever. It would be considered uncivilized if it is Conduit's intention to raise false alarm and tarnish others good reputation in order to win audience over
to his self-created website. As Mr. Richard Yarl's adage would put it " don't raise your reputation by lowering others".

My fellow subscribers, those accused by Conduit are highly respected individuals who have taken sheer energy and time to build their good reputation to higher heights for so many years, and it would take only fools to believe that these individuals have engaged in such irresponsible act. Let it be dismissed from those with the preconceived notion that Munoz and
others are selfish enough to exclude Conduit from this precious medium of communication without valid reason(s) or prior notice. Though I do not know Conduit, but his mode of communication on this issue leaves me to ask: WHAT DOES HE WANT? If Conduit was permanently barred from posting last October then how did I receive his email on December 29, 2001? I appreciate
everyone's concern but branding others to appear like villains is absolutely unacceptable and bizzared. I think it would be wise for us to look at the diversity of any issue before using irrelevant language that tend to create unnecessary tension. Let's look in the mirror and make a change this new year!

Thanks,
Alex Redd