NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:18:17 -0500
7bit
From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Elizabeth Lingle wrote:

> Yes, calcium caseinate is a no-no.  At least for my daughter...she is incredibly
> sensitive, though.  Some people can get by with some and others not.  Caseinate
> is a form of casein, and thus a milk protein, however. Sorry.

We avoid all ingredients that contain the letter sequences LACT or CASEIN.
The only exceptions so far are "sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate" and "calcium
stearoyl-2-lactylate".

This site (http://www.foodallergy.org/topics_archive/holidaybaking.html) also
says that "lactic acid" is OK.  I'm not sure, can anyone here give a definite
answer?

Best wishes,
Alex.