NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:18:36 -0700
On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:49:12 EDT Sandra Trailor <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Hi. My son has been diagnosed with a soy allergy and milk allergy. He is
>presently 3 years old. Our Dr. recommends keeping him on Isomil for that
>reason. Isomil also provides the calcium he needs. A lot of the soy
milks
>have very little calcium in them.

Most of the fortified soy milks have the same calcium content as whole
milk - about 500mg/8oz serving.  Why would you use Isomil if he is
allergic to soy?  Isn't that soy based?  If you are ONLY looking for
calcium, and not the fat and protien, you might consider some of the
fortified rice milks.  They tend to be very sweet, but are much lower in
fat/calories/protien than the soy.

Kathy P.