C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:10:10 -0400
From:
"Paulsen & Company, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
South-West Review Candidate's Questionnaire

Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:42:09 -0500
Subject: answers

1) In light of the many city expenses, can the city continue to maintain a
full-time fire department given the cost? What changes, if any, should be
made?

2) How would you go about increasing citizen involvement in our city
government?

3) What would you like to see be the number one priority in the city for
the year 2001?

==========================

1)      I believe the city should both combine our fire department with
those of surrounding communities and consider having at least a partially
volunteer force to achieve maximum fiscal efficiency.  This would result
in huge savings while continuing to provide the services South St. Paul
has enjoyed for many years.  Other communities in our area have volunteer
fire departments or a combination volunteer/paid force and they seem to
work very well.

2)      I think the city should cablecast the city council work meetings,
so citizens can see what is involved in running our city.  We should also
increase volunteer opportunities for all citizens, while increasing
recognition and incentives for volunteers.  An increase in pay for city
government positions would also help make the positions more attractive.

3)    I believe the city needs to broaden its tax base by continuing to
aggressively promote tax benefits and South St. Pauls stable work force
to prospective businesses who are looking to relocate.   More widespread
promotion of the Bridgepoint Business Park  and a continuation of city
efforts to upgrade housing stock will also result in more businesses
being interested in coming to our city.

Sincerely,

Darrell Paulsen, for
City Council of South St. Paul

Financial contributions can be sent to:  People for Paulsen Campaign,
Southview Bank, So. St. Paul, MN  55075.

Thank you for your interest and your support.  It is much appreciated.

"Wheeling torwards a brighter South St. Paul"
Integrity, Dignity, Responsibility, Service and Community

Working For Change = Real Reform
Prepared and paid for by:
People For Paulsen Campaign -
Darrell Paulsen for City Council of South St. Paul
651 - 455 - 3202