C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 08:08:26 EDT
I have lived on this earth as a United States citizen for 42 years come
Tuesday.  In that time I have met precious few cognitively advanced citizens
by birthright who understand the Oath of Allegiance, or who are boldly
willing to uphold the United States Constitution and its amendments.

How few are those who know that our form of government is a republic rather
than a democracy?  How many can discuss the functions of our three branches
of government, or are aware of the legal process by which war is waged?

Yet they proudly wave the flag of the United States on Independence Day.
They wear the red, the white, and the blue...and they are loath to attend to
their responsibilities as United States citizens.  For them, Independence Day
is little more than an opportunity to imbibe by day and watch fireworks by
night.

To those who would bemoan the woeful state of our nation's affairs, even as
they contribute to it by lack of action; to those who cower in hiding when
their presence is required for civic matters; to those who have no appreciate
for the words "To secure the blessings of liberty;" I say "gather your
belongings and leave.  Find a form of government that is more suited to your
inattentiveness.  This Nation, this Constitution, this form of government, is
too good for lazy burdens."

There is ample room to allow this young woman, who has lived here all of her
life, to be the United States citizen she has every moral right to be.

Betty "I'm just getting warmed up" Alfred
Conservative Republican who knows when right is right