From:
Nancy Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 22:46:33 -0500

I want to thank everyone for taking the time durning this busy season to
answer my question about brie & almond paste.

Eight people replied that almond past was glutin free and one sent a
recipe. If anyone would like the recipe let me know and will e-mail it to
you.

Fourteen people replied about Brie cheese, Ten ate it with no problems and
several replied they were very sensitive to gluten so felt it was gluten
free.  One problem was to be sure the serving knife was safe, if one is at
a party. Two replied that they didn't eat the rind as it contained flour
but did eat the inside part. Two people couldn't eat any moldy cheese so
couldn't eat brie.

Hope this is helpful and I certainly am thankful for all the good
information found on the list.