Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:11:00 -0400

Thank you to all who wrote!  the kids and I depart on thursday, assuming
United doesn't cancel us (VBG)!  Looking forward to wonderful trip.  Here is
summary; several places were recommended multiple times.  Many people
mentioned thai and vietnamese food; both of which we love.  Also Pike's
place market for fruits, veggies, and seafood.

Seattle:
Puget Consumers Co-op, (various locations) limited amount of gluten free foods;
also Whole Foods Grocery, 65th NE and Roosevelt.

 Whole Foods Market has a location in Roosevelt Square in Seattle.
Good selection of GF stuff.  phone: 206-985-1500

I've heard that the Globe Cafe produces gluten free baked goods - they are a
vegan restaurant on Capitol Hill.  Cafe Loc is a Vietnamesee cafe* near the
Center that would have some gf food if your kids are adventurous.  The
Frankfurter in the Food Circus on the Center grounds uses no filler in their
sausages and will give you a dog in a napkin or cardboard 'boat'.

 Energ-G Foods is in Seattle; 1.800.331.5222 for our office hours and
schedule a tour.

Many of the Fred Meyer and larger QFC grocery stores also carry GF products.

There is a Larry's Market adjacent to the Seattle Center (north side at the
corner of Mercer St. and Queen Anne Ave.).  It is somewhat expensive but
carries many GF products.

Kitty corner to Larry's is a Thai restaurant that was very helpful

Try the Wendy's on 4th Ave.  When we stay in Seattle the kids like to eat
there and many Gf things are on the menu.  Chili, grilled chicken salad,
taco salad, baked potatoes, and don't forget those frosty's.

Skip the 13 Coins Restaurant.  I was there for a week and ate there the
first night and was pretty sick for the first day there.

Orcas Island:
I'll say one thing about dining on Orcas island... there isn't a bad
restaurant there, even the bars seem to have good food.  You can go to any
hole-in-the-wall place, and you'll be amazed at the quality of the food.  The
people that live there are very creative, and would probably welcome the
challenge of having to make something gluten-free.

Probably the best places to eat are Christine's (located in downtown
Eastsound), the Outlook Inn (also in Eastsound) and my favorite, Ship Bay
(located outside of Eastsound, towards Rosario).  Rosario Resort also has some
nice restaurants, they're just a little pricey (I know, I worked there).  All
of these places have a good seafood selection, which is probably a good bet for
folks like us.