Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:39:56 -0600
From:
Aviva Mandl <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

In case there is anyone else living in the Northwest suburban area just
outside of Chicago, I wanted to let you know about two Health Food
stores that carry some gluten free products.

A Way Of Life Natural Food Center 9359 N Milwaukee Ave Niles, IL 847-966-
5565 Marlene runs this shop in the Millbrook Shopping Center (it's
across from the Golf Mill Mall).  There's an aisle of gluten free foods
and a few other products in other places in the store (frozen waffles,
occassionally gf veggie burgers, raw nuts, etc).

Great Life Health Foods 8504-B Golf Road Niles, IL 847-663-1212 Justin
runs this store (it's near the K-Mart that was previously a Venture).
Don't let the first impression that this is a GNC type of store keep you
from going in.  I was very pleasantly surprised and knew I was in luck
when I saw the white with blue packaging of the Gluten Free Pantry
mixes!  A huge plus, Justin wants to expand to have a gluten free
section, however, in the meantime he is willing to special order
whatever he's able to. He has ordered products for me and they've
arrived very quickly.

One bit of advice, do know your products before going in.  Occassionally
I have seen foods that I know aren't gluten free grouped with products
that are.  Or was once told something was ok, just to have found out
(luckily, before I consumed it) that it wasn't.  I have notified the
store's owner, who's greatly appreciative, on such occassions.  Those
who work there aren't necessarily as on top of what is gluten free as we
are since neither are solely gluten free shops.

I have no vested interest in either of these stores, I just wanted to
share the ease with which I've found foods nearby with others who might
be in this area.

Aviva
(Chicago area)