From:
Joseph Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:46:04 -0400

Dear Fellow Listers,

Does anyone know if the pre-mixed bottled TGI Friday's drinks like Mudd
Slides, Orange Cream Sickle etc are gf.  My soon to be 21 year old son
is wanting to know since I finally convinced him not to drink beer
anymore.  It was all your great responses that convinced him.  You know
a parent doesn't know anything.  Thanks to you all for helping me get
him off the beer.  His friends were great about it also.  Anyway, he
asked me at the dinner table tonight so I thought I'd throw it out to
you all.

As a special one time treat to all of my new friends on the list I am
enclosing my famous prize winning chocolate cake recipe that I recently
converted to a GF model.  It is called Donna's Best GF Chocolate Cake
Ever!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 potato starch flour
1/2 garfava flour ( if you don't have this flour you can use 1/4 cup soy
flour and increase the white rice flour to 1/2 cup)
1 tsp xanthum gum
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cups Hershey's or any other GF cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp gf baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk ( I use 2%)
1/2 cup corn oil (I use Mazola or any other gf oil you like)
2 tsp gf vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Heat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan and dust with white rice flour.  In
a mixing bowl combine flours, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder
and salt.  Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, beat well with an electric
mixer on medium speed for 2 min.  Stir in boiling water (use a spatula).
Batter will be very thin like soup.  Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack in pan for about 3-5 min. then turn out onto a plate.
This cake is very moist.  Ice cake with any GF icing.  I use:
1/3 cup soft butter
2 1/4 cup 10x sugar (I use Domino)
1 1/2 tsp gf vanilla
About 2 tbs. milk ( you may have to add a few drops more if it is too stiff)
Beat all the above until smooth.

Hope you enjoy this cake as much as my celiac family does.  They all
thought I was trying to make them sick when I made them taste it for the
first time.  They could not believe how much it tasted like my old wheat
flour recipe.  So another success story.  I did it.  I now have enough
converted recipes to rid my kitchen of any signs of wheat flour or any
other substance that will contaminate my family's food.

God Bless you and yours,
Donna,
Flemington, NJ