Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:43:59 -0400
From:
Marty Kindler <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Members,

After speaking to Cathy at National Foods (1 800-683-6565), I have the
following information as well as a follow-up question.  In the literature
that I have received from them, their Hebrew National Kosher Beef Franks,
97% Fat Free Reduced Beef Franks, Beef Bologna and Beef Salami are made with
Hydrolyzed Soy Protein.  In addition, they state that they made a change
about a year ago, to remove the added wheat fillers from these products.
Therefore, having removed the added wheat filler and specifying the
hydrolyzed soy protein instead of the general hydrolyzed vegetable protein,
can we consider the above products to be gluten free. Also, they state that
the modified food starch in their products can be from a source of corn or
potato.  From my understanding, hydrolyzed soy protein does not contain any
gluten.  I was wondering if anybody knew this to be 100 % correct.

Thanks,
Marty