From:
Larry Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:31:11 -0500
Jose,

The 50 Error Code on the HP Laserjet II & III indicates that the Fuser or the
AC Powersupply is bad.  The fuser is the item in the rear that gets hot.
Normally it will be approx 300 degrees and it burns the toner to the paper.
It could be the AC Powersupply as the AC Power supply supplies the AC to the
Halogen Light bulb in the Fuser which is what keeps the temp at the desired
temp.

there is an off chance the DC Controller is also bad.

To replace the fuser you can normally get them for approx 50-60.00 US.

Larry Peterson

--
Larry Peterson
SDSU Computing Services