From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 19:40:42 -0500
Dan Hughes wrote:

> I installed a program on my Windows 95 computer, and now when I turn the
> computer on it automatically starts the new program.  How do I get it to
> not fire up the program unless I want to use it?

   If this is a DOS program that is in a loop you will need to edit
autoexec.bat to get rid of the statement creating that nasty loop. I've
seen this happen a few times. Boot to MS-DOS Command Prompt from the
Boot menu (F8 key after seeing Starting Windows 95) and type: edit
autoexec.bat. Place a REM and a space in front of the line referring to
that program to make it ignore that line (or delete that line).

Later,

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist
Region 14 ESC Abilene