NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 19:08:19 -0400
The good burghers of Toronto are well aware of life threatening allergies.
Peanuts have been banned in some schools and on the national airline (Air
Canada). However, foods here are generally well labelled and there is a
large Jewish population so you can buy foods which are Kosher. There are
several areas of the city with sizable Jewish concentrations (near
synagogues). They would be a great places to find the foods which are
Pareve. One thing to watch out for though, is prepared meats at the
well-known grocery stores. A majority, I suspect, contain milk. Another
potential problem is bread/rolls but the Italian and French breads almost
always are milk free. Even pizza crusts are generally milk free so you can
order pizza except you can't have pepperoni on it. Go figure!

Speak to the teachers at your kindergarten school. They need to know what
to do in the event of an allergic reaction. They can also segregate foods
from your daughter. Good luck!

Don M