From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:09:03 -0500
Umm, Several things come to mind with this...
Since "only" the registry was "rolled back", any
additions or changed versions of dll files will still
exist.  Also, any program files from the "failed installs"
will still be residing on the hard drive...
Don't get me wrong, that is still better than a system
that does not work...
Sounds like the best procedure would be a "clean
install" ghost, and a "new" ghost every once in a while,
especially before program installs.
The former still has problems if you change any significant
hardware, and the later will have all the mess and gunk
that builds up in a system...
I'm still looking for the "killer answer" to this one...
(Other than a clean re-install every six months...)
Just my two thoughts...
               Rick Glazier

Someone said:
> > Boot to a dos prompt.  type in scanreg /restore.
> > You will get an option letting you pick which
> > version of your registry you want to restore.
> > Usually, there are 5.  Restore a version from
> > before the new installs and see if that doesn't
> > let you boot.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html