From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:34:00 -0800
Francesco wrote:

> I have had some clients who
<snip>
> cut back each cycle to only a week; they've had some
> good results when
> coupled with the proper training and rest.

I had wondered about this. It seemed to me that
Akerfeldt was "pushing" his two-week window to the
limit. What if a particular individual's metabolism
actually start adjusting in only 10 days? Then the
whole scheme would resemble nothing more than a
"yo-yo" diet syndrome.

>  It's been my experience that eating a
> lot of junk (doughnuts,
> cake, etc)

That shouldn't be a problem with anyone on this list
:)

> will cut the carb up time down to around
> 24 hours.  If you focus
> instead on vegetables and fruits, you can usually go
> from 36 to 48 hours on
> the carb up before returning to the lower carbs.

Sounds like a scenario alternating the "all meat" (or
mostly meat) diet and Amadeus' mostly Vegan diet.
Would you try to keep the proteing level somewhat
constant?

> (One thing that is important is the depletion
> workout just before the carb
> up.  This is really necessary if you want to make
> progress.  It's purpose is
> to deplete muscle glycogen down to 25 to 40 mmol/kg
> before beginning the
> carb up.)

Is this a "high volume" weight workout? Or do you
increase aerobics for this workout?