From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 18:03:42 -0400
Hi, Lynda,

I'm very curious - which governments are still giving sugar, white flour,
etc as food subsidies, and to which Indian groups??  I'm very interested in
this food-related genocide topic.

Recently I wrote an article for a newsmagazine that reaches the 9 Cree
communities in my tribe in Quebec, Canada...I stated that through its health
system, the provincial government was knowingly advocating a "store-food"
diet (as opposed to an h-g diet) in order to wean the Cree off of their
dependence on the land.  In doing so, the province might more easily
convince the courts to allow them to dam and deforest the region, since the
Crees no longer need that land for sustenance.  They tried this argument 25
years ago and failed.  Next time they might succeed.  Everytime I talk to a
Cree about diet, I say the same thing - "eat bush food - for your health,
and for your sovereignty."