Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:54:05 -0800
In the 18 March 2000 NewScientist magazine - hard to find
in the US - there is an excellent couple of articles.

The first by Douglas Fox reports on low-carb diets:
"Just when you thought you'd got to grips with
healthy eating, along comes a bunch of heretics who say
we should stuff ourselves with meat and fat like the
hunter-gatherers." Seems Al Gore eats Paleo.
Interviews with Loren Cordain and associates on the
pro side, Katharine Milton and her ilk on the
vehement opposition. Good stuff.

The second article by Debora MacKenzie is on
how awful it is that all that grain turned into
livestock meat means less food for the poor...
or is it? A good analysis and a closer look
at some of the truths and half-truths of global
meat consumption. Watch out for those GM pigs!

When I find my subscriber number, I'll snag
the article copy and paste it to PALEOFOOD.
Unless another NS reader does it first ;-)