From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:04:21 MST
>What happened at the end of the 48 hours, did they show that stomach
>-stapled girl again.

>Mary

Good question!  The tape stopped after Ray's segment.  To whoever saw the
entire episode, what DID happen to the girl?  Did the operation start to
help her?  I'm no health expert (yet), but there was obviously more going on
in her body than hyperinsulinemia.  Or was there?  Any pros with input on
morbid obesity and how one might get there?

On another note, I agree with critics who complain the story on Ray just
skimmed the surface.  But as a former journalist, I've always found 48 Hours
one of the better news shows out there, if not one of the best.  I hate to
admit that it was DateLine NBC (ewww!) that introduced me to Dr. Cordain who
introduced me to Robert Crayhon and led to my dream job.  Ain't life weird
sometimes?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO