Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:07:47 -0500
ardeith and Lois,

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, ardeith l carter wrote:

 > OK....point taken......and I'm operating from what may be a
> false assumption......I'm assuming Gordon is referring to
> human life as more "advanced" than other lifeforms...such
> as earth worms and/or bacteria................................

Yes, ardeith, I do believe we humans are more advanced lifeforms than earth
worms and bacteria. We are more advanced than these lifeforms by almost
every important measure imaginable.

If you don't believe me, ardieth and Lois, then I suggest you go find a
high-school biology text book and look at the drawing of the ameoba. If
you've not yet attended high-school then go to the library and find a book
on biology. Then go take a long hard look at yourself in a mirror. Consider
that the organism you see in the mirror is comprised of many trillions of
cells similar to that ameoba, all working together in a highly complex
fashion, and that it is capable of an incredible multiple of things that the
ameoba cannot do.

Look into your eyes in the mirror, ardeith and Lois, and think hard. Look
into your eyes and think hard about the fact that you can look into your own
eyes and think hard, but that the ameoba has no eyes and cannot think at
all.

If you do the above and then still wish to pursue your arguments that you
are no more advanced than ameobas then I promise that I will happily concede
the point to you.

-gts