From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:41:33 -0500
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 06:51:24 EST "S.B. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Levine said there were many studies showing the superiority of
> breast milk  for infants and that the goal has been to fortify formula
"so that
> it is like  breast milk."

Ardeith writes:
Most of the mothers I know breast-fed their babies.....
Most women can successfully breastfeed if they
wish......I'd really love to see the companies that
make baby formula put out of business by more
and more women choosing to nurse their babies.....
but the aim seems to be to convince women that
formulas are as good for their babies as breastmilk.
Formulas are a blessing for those few women who
cannot breastfeed for one reason or another......
but formulas will never be as perfect for an infant
as the infant's own mother's milk.......I hope.......

> More research on DHA and AA are appropriate, said Levine, but use of
> the two  fatty acids in baby formula "is very, very promising."

Ardeith writes:
From where are they obtaining the two fatty acids they
are bragging about?   From plant fats?  From animal
fats?   Does anyone know?

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.