From:
tom roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:04:40 -0600
> Another recommendation is the new _Protein Power Lifeplan_

I read Protein Power when it first came out and it was very specific in
saying that once a day for an hour you could eat anyting in the world
you wanted to. Many people got the impression you could pig out for that
one hour. In a latter addition the authors said everyone had
misunderstood them and that what they had meant was a diet more like the
Zone Diet.

I have not kept up with their books because I have the feeling that
they, like a lot of other diet gurus are more interested in creating a
publishing empire. Ever notice how when a book becomes popular the
authors come out with another one , then another and then another.  At
one point they were trying to sell protien bars that were soy based. Not
only did they tasted terrible but they were expensive and when bad very
quickly.

They may have evolved into a more paleo position but they were sure not
that way to start with.

Tom