AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Braunginn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 12:39:59 -0500
Dear Friends:

A group of students, one of whom is my daughter and another is Haben
Goitom-daughter of Goitom Tekie and Patos Negusse, are organizing an event
to occur next week Thursday, June 9 in the evening, as an educational
opportunity to learn about the plight of the Eritrean people during the
current conflict. Haben's brother, Sanay, is now in Eriteria on an
assignment through Brown University covering the conflict.

Haben, my daughter and the other members of this group are seeking the
support of the AAM as a co-sponsor. The Urban League will serve as a
co-sponsor but it would be good to have AAM, if possible. Sponsoring would
be in name only-no cash or other expectations except to get the word out
about the event.

I am requesting that AAM please call Haben Goitom. You can reach her at
either one of the following phone nos.:
238-5767 or 256-2368

Her email address is: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

A prompt response is needed as the event is next week Thursday. Haben would
like to hear from someone today, at least give her a call and let her know
if AAM can or is willing to sponsor. They need to get the promos out
immediately.

Thanks.
Steve