Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:08:14 -0600
7bit
From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
I get cut all the time.  My hawk Kali's talons can cut right through the
glove and I often offer her tidbits with my other ungloved hand (not
recommended for the unexperienced or slow).  Of course since we hunt in
Texas every plant (except the poison ivy) seems to have thorns some of which
will go through leather boots. Last season a thorn took two months to work
its' way completely through my thumb.  Then there's the nails in the dumped
lumber scraps and of course miles and miles of barbed wire to climb over or
under.  I also manage to cut myself with my game shears while butchering
game or preparing tidbits for Kali at least several times a season.

The best topical antibacterial agent I've found is table sugar.  Just pour
liberaly into the wound and the blood congeals and within a few days you
won't be able to find where the cut was.  I carry small teaspoon size packs
I steal from resturants.  I got this idea from an article in Science News
which talked about how effective an antibacterial agent sugar is (much
better than Neosporin) and showed a photo from the medical journal article
of a surgon pouring sugar from a 5 lb. bag into an abdominal incession.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
http://www.neanderthin.com