From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:26:25 -0800

I bought one of those new Doughnut Quick makers that I've seen recently
on TV.  I through out the mixes and adapted one of the Gluten Free
Gourmet recipes to remove the rest of our allergens except the eggs.  It
worked pretty well, but rather sticky even though I added about 2 Tbsp
additional water.  I did use one of the smaller plungers though, so the
largest one might have worked better.  These were actually pretty tasty
last night warm with cinn/sugar.  I froze some uncoated and saved a few
in a plastic bag that had sugar.  That didn't work well - the sugar was
all melted and sticky this AM.

Kathy in N. CA

GF Raised Doughnuts

1/2 c. GF flour mix (I used Bette Hagman's Featherlight Mix)
2 Tbsp brown rice flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xantham gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 c sugar
1 c lukewarm water
1 pkg Rapid Rise yeast
3 tspb margarine, melted
2 eggs, room temp

Sift together GF flour mix, brown rice flour, baking powder, xantham gum,
salt, and spices.  Add 1 Tbsp of the sugar to the warm water and stir in
yeast.  Set aside until bubbly..  In a large mixing bowl, blend together
margarine, eggs, and yeast mixture using a hand mixer on low speed.  Beat
in half of flour mixture.  Stir in the rest of the flour mixture, then
beat until smooth.

Heat at least 1 inch of oil to 375F in a wide, deep pan or deep fryer.
Place the dough in the doughnut maker and press out 3 or 4 at a time.  If
the dough is too sticky, add more warm water 1 tbsp at a time until it
will come out easily.  Turn doughnuts once to brown on both sides.
Remove with tongs to drain on paper towels or brown paper.

If eaten warm, shake in a  mixture of granulated sugar and a little
cinnamon.  If storing, remove to cooling rack.  May be frosted when
cooled.