From:
Brian Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:28:06 -0500

Hi List Mates,

I think there are several of you who drink Better Than Milk soy or rice
milk.  I am wanting a milk substitute for my son that is both gluten
free and caseinate free.  I have called the company and they have
assured me that all kinds of Better Than Milk are gluten-free even
though "wheat protein" is listed on the ingredients.  The lady I spoke
with today said that it is used as a binder and it is so far removed
from the original wheat protein that it does not contain any gluten.
Are there any of you that are using either the Rice Original or the Soy
Vanilla?   I like these two best because they contain the fat content,
calcium and vitamins I am looking for.  Some of the others that
specifically say GF have no fat and very little nutritional value (not
good for a growing toddler).  Another brand I may be looking into
getting is called Pacific (Ultra).  It only comes premixed and is very
expensive in comparison to the Better Than Milk though.  If any of you
have tried Pacific though, let me know if you like it.   Also, if any of
you know of another rice or soy milk that tastes good, has some fat
content, and a good % of calcium and vitamin D, let me know.  I have
heard the Silk is not too good.  Thanks for your help!!!

Melinda