From:
Dianne Rothenbuehler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 18:57:10 EDT

Can someone tell me if a wheat allergy would mean a person also is "allergic"
to gluten?  Or is celiac not a matter of an allergy?  My four yr. old son's
RAST blood work for allergy's to eggs, dairy, wheat ,etc. came back negative
as well.  His blood work was negative for celiac also.  The only change I
have seen in him these three weeks so far is maybe less pooping and no
diarrhea.  His moods must be unrelated because he is aweful lately.  I think
he misses his brother when he(9yr. old) goes to his dads biweekly, because
when he  is gone his behavior is unGodly I tell ya.  His temper and
disposition is unbearable.  He constantly asks "How many more days my brother
come home"?  Darn near breaks my heart.

He does go to see the GI tomarrow for a follow up to be weighed etc.  I'm
thinking he may need those steriods afterall.  His poop is still the
smelliest in the world.  He won't use the toilet either still.  I am ready
for him to see a councilor.  This is hard.

Thanks,
Dianne