Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:09:43 EST
From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>

Sorry to dredge this up again but thought I would pass on the latest.  I
spoke yesterday with their "technical customer representative".  Told her
about the confusion of information about the product including the seemingly
wrong information on their website.  She said: 1) they know their web site is
wrong and hope to get around to correcting it soon 2) None of their products
contain gluten - However when I questioned her on specifics she said their
vanilla contains alcohol distilled from wheat but they do not consider that a
problem for celiacs because of the distilling process so they believe all
their products to be safe.  Again eveyone will have to decide for themselves
but her attitude alone was enough to make me not use the products from the
company.  I also asked her if she knew of any intentions to consider the
concerns of those of us who do not use grain based alcohol products and she
said no because they consider is safe now.

Also talked with Hormel yesterday who told me that their corn beef is gluten
free as long as you get the one with spices in a separate packet and DO NOT
USE SPICE PACKET because it contains wheat.  Hope this helps someone out for
St. Patrick's Day.

Of course the usual disclaimers apply to this information.

Olivia in Virginia