From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:27:06 -0800
Julie,

Yes, a switching hub will allow multiple speeds, but the 10Mbps connections
will still slow you down, IMHO.  When you can purchase 10/100 cards for
about $16.00, going cheap doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you are
REALLY working on a VERY shoe-string budget.  A switching hub also provides
for better packet routing (from what I understand) so either way you would
be better off with this.  Of course, you are going to pay more money, but
you get what you pay for.  Hope this helps.

Kyle